Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Time Out with Andrew Rapacon: 2017 American Canyon High senior

Vince D’Adamo: What have you enjoyed most about competing in athletics throughout your life?
Andrew Rapacon: The biggest thing that I've enjoyed most in athletics is the bond that I form with my team. I have been playing sports with the same people I've played with when I was little and we have really grown into a family. Having that bond with your friends makes it easier to compete, because when you are losing, they are there to pick you up, and when you're winning, there is no better feeling than winning with your family.
D’Adamo: What are your plans after high school?
Rapacon: After high school I plan to attend college. I'd want to stay close to home somewhere. Any type of offer or scholarship I'd be grateful for. If I don't get a offer for football, then I'd probably walk on, because I can't picture myself not playing football.
D’Adamo: What might you choose as a major? What intrigues you about going that direction?
Rapacon: I want to major in Architectural Engineering. In school, I've always been above average in math and I've always enjoyed creating and designing things. I've been wanting to major in some type of Engineering, but I never knew which one to choose. Then my junior year in high school I took a construction class and we learned about "Green Building", and I was really intrigued. Now I have the chance to do exactly that and I feel like that's a perfect fit for me.
D’Adamo: What has been your favorite class here at American Canyon High?
Rapacon: My favorite class at American Canyon High has to be Calculus. From PreCalculus, to AP Calculus AB, to AP Calculus BC, it has always been a great class. Calculus is not an easy, but I've always enjoyed having the course. Not only is the subject interesting to learn, but I've had the same group of friends in each class. And we've also had the same teacher all three years and it's been a great experience my whole high school career.
D’Adamo: Within your family who have been the most influential people?
Rapacon: My parents have definitely been the most influential people in my life. Everything that I've learned about life has been from them. I am grateful to have them in my life and I hope one day I can pay them back for all they've done for me.

D’Adamo: Name a historical figure, dead or alive, in or out of sports, that you would most like to meet. What would intrigue you about meeting him or her?
Rapacon: If I could meet anyone, I'd meet Ray Lewis. He was a great player and a phenomenal speaker. I've always looked up to him and his leadership qualities, and I've always admired his inspirational speeches because that's something I need to work on as a leader on my team.

No comments:

Post a Comment