Saturday, September 10, 2016

Time Out with Lenny Dinov: Vintage High assistant football coach

Vince D’Adamo: What did you enjoy most about competing in athletics throughout your life?

Lenny Dinov: Football and other sports taught me the meaning of hard work, dedication and, discipline. I apply those values to what I do today as well.

D’Adamo: What have you been doing since graduating from high school?

Dinov: I opened a restauraunt in 1997 and we are going on 19 successful years. But I've decided to make my move back home and help take care of my mom. Napa is where the heart is so it feels good to be home.

D’Adamo: What was your favorite class at Vintage High?

Dinov: My favorite class at vintage had to me my TA class I had with my favorite teacher/coach Bill Nunes.  

D’Adamo: What was your favorite athletic moment at Vintage High?

Dinov: My favorite moment would probably be voted to all-league (Monticello Empire League) for football and playing in the East/West All-Star game at Memorial Stadium.

D’Adamo: You have since joined the Vintage High coaching staff with your former teammate (Dylan Leach) being the head coach. What lessons do you hope kids that you coach learn?

Dinov: I would love to pass on that Crusher Pride that I remember and I would like them to learn that hard work pays off. I especially want them to cherish each and every moment because these young years fly by.

D’Adamo: Within your family, who have been the most influential people?

Dinov: By far my dad has been the most inspirational. He came to this country with nothing and built his own little bit of paradise here in the Napa Valley.

D’Adamo: Name a historical figure, dead or alive, in or out of sports you would most like to meet.
Dinov: The historical figure I would like to have met would have to be Ronald Reagan because boy does this country need someone like him at this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment