Friday, September 16, 2016

Time Out with Shannon Rankin: 2010 Napa High graduate

Vince D’Adamo: What did you enjoy most about competing in athletics throughout your life?

Shannon Rankin: My favorite part of playing sports would be not only the opportunity to consistently compete, but also the lifelong friends I have made along the way. I have friends that I met playing on travel teams in middle school that I still talk to till this day.

D’Adamo: What have you been doing since graduating from high school?

Rankin: Since graduating, I have gone on to graduate college at San Francisco
State in 2014, and I am currently a Sales Representative for Gallo Sales Co.

D’Adamo: What was your favorite class at Napa High?

Rankin: This is a hard one. I'd have to say it's a tie between my English class with Mrs. (Cindy) Watters my senior year or my history class with Mr. (Steve) Hatton and Mr. (Paul) Gassner. There was never a dull moment in either of those classes. Hands down my favorite teachers.

D’Adamo: What was your favorite athletic moment at Napa High?

Rankin: Probably anything related to Big Game. There's nothing that can compare to the feeling you got before those games. Also, I'd have to say the tournament we played in over the summer going into senior year in San Diego. It's an unforgettable experience and I'm so happy I got to do it with some of my favorite people.

D’Adamo: How much do you feel you have grown personally since graduating from high school and how much of that do you trace to athletics?

Rankin: I feel I have grown immensely since high school. So much has changed for the better. Sports have always been a huge part of my life and have shaped me into the person I am today. My mentality is very sports oriented even till this day. I think that has played a huge factor in my growth as person and the decisions I make on a day to day basis.

D’Adamo: Within your family, who have been the most influential people?

Rankin: My parents, of course. They are everything to me. They have given me the utmost support in everything I do in my life, and have always had my back. I can't thank them enough for that.

D’Adamo: Name a historical figure, dead or alive, in or out of sports you would most like to meet.
Rankin: Kobe Bryant, Adele, Heath Ledger, Abraham Lincoln, Pablo Escobar, Paul Rudd.

No comments:

Post a Comment