Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Time Out with AJ Denna: 2017 Vintage High senior

Vince D’Adamo: What have you enjoyed most about competing in athletics throughout your life?

AJ Denna: One thing that I've most enjoyed about competing in athletics is the continuous competition. It has shaped me to be the individual I am today. Another is the camaraderie. I have made friendships that I know will last a lifetime. My teammates are my family.

D’Adamo: What are your plans after high school?

Denna: After high school I plan to attend a four-year university and to continue my football career. I've been playing the game since I was 8 years old, and I don't plan on stopping now.

D’Adamo: What might you choose as a major? What intrigues you about going that direction?

Denna: I would like to study Kinesiology. I want to pursue a career in the field of sports medicine, such as a sports med doctor or physical therapist for a collegiate or professional sports team. What intrigues me about going in this direction is I want to stay involved in sports. And who knows, I might become a coach at my alma mater one day.  

D’Adamo: What has been your favorite class here at Vintage High?

Denna: Outside of weight training, my favorite class at Vintage High has to be my Race and Social Justice class that I am currently taking with Mr. Oppenheim. The topics we discuss are current, relevant, and important issues that need to be talked about. It gives me great knowledge on what’s going on in the world today.

D’Adamo: Within your family who have been the most influential people?
Denna: Without question my parents are the most influential people in my family. They are both the hardest working people I know, and also my No. 1 fans. They are incredibly supportive and I pray I will become parents like them in my future.
D’Adamo: Name a historical figure, dead or alive, in or out of sports, that you would most like to meet.
Denna: One person I would like to meet is motivational speaker and minister Eric Thomas. I listen to his speeches every Friday before my games. His words are truly inspiring and I strive to live my life by them. "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe... then you'll be successful." - E.T.

No comments:

Post a Comment