Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Time Out with Jake Van Zandt: Napa High 2017 senior


Vince D’Adamo: What have you enjoyed most about competing in athletics throughout your life?
Jake Van Zandt: I love the competitive nature. It has always been a thrill to me. When it's game day for either football, basketball, or track I always strive to do my best and give it all. I also love the people that I've met throughout the years; both coaches and friends. Great people with bonds that'll last in the future.
D’Adamo: What are your plans after high school?
Van Zandt: I plan to go to college, with hopes of getting into Cal Arts in LA; which is a liberal arts school.
D’Adamo: What might you choose as a major? What intrigues you about going that direction?
Van Zandt: As a major, I wish to go to into animation, since it's a liberal arts school, but the specific major I would like to learn there would be: character design. Animation has always intrigued me, ever since I was a little kid I loved cartoons. Then I found out I wasn't half bad at drawing and over the years I've developed that skill more and just love to do it. My dream is to have my own cartoon show.
D’Adamo: What has been your favorite class here at Napa High?
Van Zandt: My favorite class at Napa High has been Honors English 10, my sophomore year. Along with that class helping me get better at writing, it also taught me important life lessons. It also includes my favorite teacher at Napa High, Mr. Paterson.
D’Adamo: Within your family who have been the most influential people?
Van Zandt: My mom, my great grandma Sybil, and my Grandma Margaret. They've always been well involved with everything I do and always give me the best support.
D’Adamo: Name a historical figure, dead or alive, in or out of sports, that you would most like to meet.
Van Zandt: I would love to meet Dwayne Wade, because he is my favorite athlete in all sports and he seems like a chill guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment