Friday, October 14, 2016

Time Out with Tarantino Pachote: 2017 Justin-Siena High senior

Vince D’Adamo: What have you enjoyed most about competing in athletics throughout your life?
Tarantino Pachote: The thing I have enjoyed most about competing in athletics are the relationships that I have built. Some of my closest friends have been made through sports. Nothing brings you closer than tough workouts and long practices. Another thing I have greatly enjoyed is the competition. I am an extremely competitive person and I always want to be the best.
D’Adamo: What are your plans after high school?
Pachote: After high school I plan to attend a junior college and transfer after two years. After school I plan to join the military, specifically the Navy.
D’Adamo: What might you choose as a major? What intrigues you about going that direction?
Pachote: I would be interested in business. I would very much like the opportunity to be successful and have a family, and business is a good way to make money.
D’Adamo: What has been your favorite class here at Justin-Siena High?
Pachote: My favorite class at Justin-Siena has been my economics class with Coach LaRocco. It is a challenging course but I understand the concepts very well and it is fun to learn about local and global economies.
D’Adamo: Within your family who have been the most influential people?
Pachote: Two of the most influential people in my family have been my father and my grandfather. My father, Francisco Pachote, grew up in Richmond, California, never knowing his father and living with a young, single mother. He has overcome adversity his entire life. From when he was a kid to now, his work ethic is what has defined him. He has worked incredibly hard for my family. Another greatly influential person in my life is my grandfather, on my mother’s side. He has done more for me than I could ever possibly repay. He is a United States Army veteran, former police officer, former professional baseball player, and former professional men's softball team owner. He is the head of a cooking crew that I am also a member of. This crew does fundraising dinners for the Contra Costa Boys and Girls club. To top it all off he pays for all of the food for the dinners, which often serve 100-400 people.
D’Adamo: Name a historical figure, dead or alive, in or out of sports, that you would most like to meet. What would intrigue you about meeting him or her?

Pachote: A historical figure I would like to meet would be Marcus Lutrell. He is a former United States Navy SEAL who served in the infamous operation Red Wings. His unit was attacked by the Taliban and could get no support of any kind. After witnessing his best friends and brothers die all around him, he was the only survivor. I would like to ask him what it takes to never quit and and persevere in an situation like he was in.

No comments:

Post a Comment