Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Time Out with Connor Bates (2017 Vintage High senior)

Vince D’Adamo: What have you enjoyed most about competing in athletics throughout your life?
Connor Bates: Competing in athletics throughout my life has provided me with what I have always considered a whole other world apart from my everyday life, one that can not be impacted by the adversities put forth by everyday life. It’s a world of competition, always pushing me to be faster and stronger, driving me to achieve the best I can possibly put forth in whichever sport it may be. Sports have always provided a bubble in my days of homework and maintaining a social life and taking care of my family, a bubble in which I can focus on one thing and one thing only: to be the best that I can be.
D’Adamo: What are your plans after high school?
Bates: My plans after high school involve me attending a 4-year college either in California or Oregon, where I plan to live on campus and hopefully continue my passion of photography and videography as a source of income, along with any internships that may come my way.
D’Adamo: What might you choose as a major? What intrigues you about going that direction?
Bates: I plan on pursuing Industrial engineering (Oregon State) or some type of computer engineering as my major in college. Engineering has always attracted me, as it allows me to apply my keen ability in mathematics as well as take advantage of my leadership abilities by working in teams to solve various problems.
D’Adamo: What has been your favorite class here at Vintage High?
Bates: My favorite class at Vintage has to have been my digital media class which I am actually still in the process of taking this year. In this class I have been taught about creative media software including Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator, along with their practical uses in the work force. This has opened me up to the possibilities of creativity-based jobs in our society, and simply all the amazing creations that can be made with this software.
D’Adamo: Within your family who have been the most influential people?

Bates: The most influential person in my family has definitely been my father. He is a survivor of terminal cancer and has been by my side through all my endeavors both educationally and academically throughout my life, and has helped me by always bringing to light the true value of all the experiences that I have gone through. The lessons that he learned throughout his experience with cancer have been instilled in me, which has changed my outlook towards life to always appreciate every bad and good experience that I endure, knowing that as long as I'm still here, everything is always worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment