Friday, January 27, 2017

Time Out with Ryan Tolley (2017 American Canyon High senior)

Vince D’Adamo: What have you enjoyed most about competing in athletics throughout your life?

Ryan Tolley: It’s hard to say what specifically I enjoy most about competing in athletics but maybe it’s just that. I love competing, it can be in sports or anything in this world. If there is an opportunity to compete I want to be a part of it especially in the two sports I love, basketball and baseball. It always shows your character as an individual as well as bringing such a wide variety of people to compete in one game which gives opportunities to make new friends and get introduced to new people.

D’Adamo: What might you choose as a major? What intrigues you about going that direction?

Tolley: I have decided that I want to pursue my dream of filmmaking and major in film production. I will also be minoring in business in spite of becoming a young or old entrepreneur. As a child, I’ve always been fascinated by TV shows, movies, and video games. What intrigues me most about all of these is the story behind them. Growing up I have always been a good storyteller whether they were fiction or nonfiction, seeing the emotion in my friends, family and peers makes me see the entertaining side of storytelling. The closer I am to being in college the more inspired I get before it would only be comedies and action movies, but I have slowly come to realize that dramas, thrillers, and animations are just as entertaining as the next. This is good that I see and feel inspired from the genres now because I want to have a wide variety of genres I can perform my creative skills in.

D’Adamo: What has been your favorite class here at American Canyon High?

Tolley: This is difficult because I enjoy most of my classes and adore all my teachers, but I do believe that Choir has been my favorite class here at American Canyon High. I say this because of the people in there or more than just friends, strangers, and acquaintances. Choir is really family, everyone in there is singing for the person next to them and no one other than the God almighty Mr. Butler. That class brings positive vibes every day and everyone either comes in or leaves with a smile on their face.

D’Adamo: Within your family who have been the most influential people?

Tolley: My parents have for surely been the most influential people on this planet, they work hard to make sure everything's going right in this family and I can’t wait for that day where I pay them back for everything they have done for my sister and I. They are a prime example the term hard work pays off, my mom coming from the Philippines and my father from a small town in Parsons, Tennessee. They didn’t know they would end up here but they both knew that working hard would get them somewhere and it got them both happy. They have both inspired me to do something great and I look up to them as more than parents but as role models.

D’Adamo: Name a historical figure, dead or alive, in or out of sports that you would most like to meet. What would intrigue you about meeting him or her?

Tolley: One historical figure that I would like to meet most is definitely Derek Jeter. That man has earned the title of greatest of all time, he’s big time and he’s motivated me throughout every game of baseball. I’ve wanted to make plays like him, be as smooth as him, hit like him and most importantly, be a leader like him. He works hard and I have strived to have the same work ethic as him. The individual he is on and off the field is what intrigues me the most. He’s a smooth shortstop on the field and independent man off the field. I try my best to be him and to meet him would only motivate me to be better than him.

No comments:

Post a Comment