Friday, March 13, 2015

Time Out with Erica Crean (St. Helena High 2015 senior)


Vince D’Adamo: What have you enjoyed most about competing in athletics throughout your life?
Erica Crean: The thing I have enjoyed most about competing in athletics is being able to play with my friends, meeting new people, as well as competing. I've been fortunate enough to have played on some really good softball and volleyball teams where I have met a bunch of great people that I still know and talk to today.

D’Adamo: What are your plans after high school?
Crean: My plan after high school is to go to college. I haven't decided on a college yet since I'm still waiting to hear back from some.
D’Adamo: What might you choose as a major? What intrigues you about going that direction?
Crean: I am planning on majoring in Nursing. This major intrigues me because I have always wanted to be in the medical field and ever since I was little I would always make my brothers let me take care of their scratches, splinters, cuts ,etc.

D’Adamo: What has been your favorite class here at St. Helena High?
Crean: My favorite class would have to be Anatomy with Mr. (Chris) O'Connor. I am currently taking it this year and it has been a lot of fun. We dissect many things including a sheep's brain and eye, and a cat which is our biggest lab in the class. It has definitely given me a head start for college.
D’Adamo: Within your family who have been the most influential people?
Crean: My parents are probably the most influential people within my family. My dad has always pushed me to do better in sports and has turned me into the player I am today. My mother, on the other hand, has just always been there for me through everything and has supported me through school, sports, clubs sports, anything I can think of. She has ultimately taught me to be just as loving and caring as she is.
D’Adamo: Name a historical figure, dead or alive, in or out of sports, that you would most like to meet.
Crean: A historical figure that I would most likely meet would be Katharine Hepburn who was an actress in the 1940s. She was athletic and assertive which are some characteristics I believe we share. I also really admire how she shunned Hollywood publicity and refused to conform to society's expectation of women.

No comments:

Post a Comment