Thursday, March 26, 2015

Time Out with John Prudenti (1989 Justin-Siena High graduate)


Vince D’Adamo: What did you enjoy most about competing in athletics throughout your life?

John Prudenti: Athletic enjoyment is something that changes as you get older. We get older. Things don't work the same. If you don't keep at it it makes it more difficult - but to answer this question: competing is just simple fun. Being able to compete throughout life has been tricky, but always good. Competition has never been about winning in my life: it is all about always getting a good sweat out of it and able to still compete...  now, after ACL surgery (in 2007) things are just not the same. But I still like to be as athletic as I can.  The one thing that really is unfortunate is that organized sports are harder and harder to find as you age.

D’Adamo: What have you been doing since graduating from high school?

Prudenti: Trying to keep busy. To really answer this question is a beast. Basically I have been living a single and semi-nomadic life. Most of my time has been spent working in restaurants, with 8 1/2 years as a tech designer for women's lingerie - that ended in July 2003.  Now I am in a mid-life crisis and want to find a career that is not in a restaurant.  I am over it.

D’Adamo: What was your favorite class at Justin-Siena High?

Prudenti: Chemistry with Phil Amormino.

D’Adamo: What was your favorite athletic moment at Justin-Siena High?

Prudenti: Of course it was the 300IH 1989 State Finals. Either that or beating Ripon Christian 2-1 in '89 during pre-season. I was in goal because we needed a keeper.

D’Adamo: How much do you feel you have grown personally since graduating from high school and how much of that do you trace to athletics?

Prudenti: I believe I have regressed.  Ever since I blew out my knee in 2003 things have gotten progressively worse.  I have become more reclusive.

D’Adamo: Within your family, who have been the most influential people?

Prudenti: Mom.
D’Adamo: Name a historical figure, dead or alive, in or out of sports you would most like to meet.

Prudenti: Sun Tsu - a Chinese General who wrote The Art of War.  He was a bad ass.

No comments:

Post a Comment