Sunday, October 11, 2015

Time Out with Adrian Garcia (Calistoga High 2016 senior)

Vince D’Adamo: What have you enjoyed most about competing in athletics throughout your life?
Adrian Garcia: My absolute favorite part about competing in sports throughout my life has to be the laughs and accomplishments as a team with my teammates. These are moments that I will cherish forever because they have created a brotherhood bond. Once a Wildcat you will forever and always be a Wildcat.
D’Adamo: What are your plans after high school?
Garcia: After high school I would like to pursue my dream of becoming a professional soccer player but of course I would still need education. I would like to become a winemaker, something I have always wanted to be, and living here in Napa Valley I feel that there will be many open doors for me to enter and to become the winemaker I have desired to become. Some Colleges I would like to attend are Fresno State, San Jose State, Sacramento State, Cal Poly, or Sonoma State.
D’Adamo: What might you choose as a major? What intrigues you about going that direction?
Garcia: I would like to major in Enology because one day I would love to open up my own winery and to have my own proper wine. I am headed towards this direction because this is something that I've always wanted since I first thought about the phrase, "what do I want to do with my life?”
D’Adamo: What has been your favorite class here at Calistoga High?
Garcia: My favorite class in High School has to be avid because that class has been my family all four years of High School. The memories we have had will never be forgotten. I will never forget about my absolute favorite teacher Mrs. Carregui, she has always been there for me when I needed her, yes I have made her want to pull her hair out but she always forgives me because she loves me and I love her.
D’Adamo: Within your family who have been the most influential people?
Garcia: I think the most influential family member to me has to be my dad because he has been my biggest role model. Many years ago my father played professional soccer and I can't help but get jealous of him because he lived my dream. My dream is to be like my father when I grow up and continue his legacy that he left behind due to an injury that ended his professional career.
D'Adamo: Name a historical figure, dead or alive, in or out of sports, that you would most like to meet. What would intrigue you about meeting him or her?
Garcia: If I could meet one person, it would have to be Lionel Messi. In my eyes, he is the the best soccer player the world has ever seen. He is my biggest inspiration because he manages to impress millions of fans every game. He may be one of the smallest players in the game, but that doesn't stop him from being the best. His talent is unexplainable and I hope that I one day meet my biggest inspiration Lionel Messi.  

No comments:

Post a Comment