Friday, October 30, 2015

Time Out with Natalie Ball (2016 Vintage High senior)

Vince D’Adamo: What have you enjoyed most about competing in athletics throughout your life?
Natalie Ball: The things I have enjoyed most about high school sports are the friendships I have made. When you spend so much time with people who like the same sport, it brings you closer together. Some of my best friends I met through volleyball.
D’Adamo: What are your plans after high school?
Ball: My plans after high school are to go to the Napa Valley College and hopefully play volleyball there as well. I want to get my General Ed done there while I decide what field I want to study.
D’Adamo: What might you choose as a major? What intrigues you about going that direction?
Ball: I do not have a set major or field I am interested in, perhaps social work or criminal justice. Working at Disneyland doesn't sound too bad either.
D’Adamo: What has been your favorite class here at Vintage High?
Ball: My favorite class at Vintage High would have to be pre calculus. My teacher, Mr. Merkner, is one of the coolest dudes around. He was such an amazing teacher and he made learning fun.
D’Adamo: Within your family who have been the most influential people?
Ball: The most influential people in my life would definitely be my parents. My mom played volleyball in college and encouraged me to try it out for myself. My dad has always been my biggest fan. Every time I'd get an ace or a kill, his voice was the only one I could distinctly pick out of a crowd. Hearing "way to go, Nat" or just "Yeaaah!" from him after I got us a point always made me proud. Ever since freshman year, my parents haven't missed a single game, whether I got to play or not. They were always there, cheering for me.
D’Adamo: Name a historical figure, dead or alive, in or out of sports, that you would most like to meet.
Ball: If I could meet any historical figure, I'd want to meet Kerri Walsh Jennings. She's so inspirational and such a skilled player, I'd love to meet her someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment