Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Time Out with Katia Beckmann (2016 St. Helena High senior)

Vince D’Adamo: What have you enjoyed most about competing in athletics throughout your life?
Katia Beckmann: The thing I have enjoyed most about being involved in athletics is the things your learn about yourself, such as how well you can do something under pressure, and what you can accomplish if you really want to, through each sport and each season.
D’Adamo: What are your plans after high school?
Beckmann: My plans after high school are not crystal  clear as of now, but I am applying to three CSUs and thinking about Shasta College and playing volleyball there.
D’Adamo: What might you choose as a major? What intrigues you about going that direction?
Beckmann: I have no clue what I want to study.
D’Adamo: What has been your favorite class here at St. Helena High?
Beckmann: My favorite class would have to be Science and Media with Mr. (Chris) O'Connor because I enjoy how we talk about things that we don't learn about in any other classes. Such as global warming and the sides to it, and pollution as well as population, and just things that are rarely mentioned or considered in a high school student's life.
D’Adamo: Within your family who have been the most influential people?
Beckmann: My grandmother has been the most influential person in my life. She is always there to give me good advise and help me accept the truth about things.
D’Adamo: Name a historical figure, dead or alive, in or out of sports, that you would most like to meet. What would intrigue you about meeting him or her?
Beckmann: I would want to meet Martin Luther King Jr., because I would like to try and see his thoughts and feelings straight from his mouth about the issues at the time and his frustration at what was happening. And how he coped with it, as well as how he seemed so collected during his speeches. As well as what he thought would be good solutions, no matter how different or extreme they might have been.

No comments:

Post a Comment