Thursday, October 15, 2015

Time Out with Matilda Figueroa (St. Helena native)



 Reporter’s note: This is a Special Edition Time Out with Matilda Figueroa, who is a St. Helena native and senior at Canyon Ridge High School in Twin Falls, Idaho. Figueroa and her family are from St. Helena but moved to Idaho before the 2015-2016 school year began. Figueroa played basketball and softball for the Saints.
Vince D’Adamo: What have you enjoyed most about competing in athletics throughout your life?
Matilda Figueroa: I have really enjoyed challenging myself in each sport I have competed in and trying to find ways to improve my game. I’ve also enjoyed competing with some of my close friends and developing new friendships along the way.
D’Adamo: What are your plans after high school?
Figueroa: I plan to attend a four-year University
D’Adamo: What might you choose as a major? What intrigues you about going that direction?
Figueroa: Nursing. I have a desire to help people and provide care for those who are in need.
D’Adamo: What was your favorite class here at St. Helena High?
Figueroa: My favorite class at St. Helena High School was Avid with Ms. Rios.
D’Adamo: Even though your family has moved out of St. Helena, what did you enjoy most about growing up there?
Figueroa: I have enjoyed the atmosphere in St. Helena. With it being a small town you practically know everyone and everything in town is close. It’s definitely a nice place to grow up.
D’Adamo: Within your family who have been the most influential people?
Figueroa: My mother, father, two brothers, and my Aunt Lisa Montelli have been the most influential people in my life. They have supported me through my whole life and have inspired me to work hard and always do my best.
D’Adamo: Name a historical figure, dead or alive, in or out of sports, that you would most like to meet. What would intrigue you about meeting him or her?

Figueroa: Jennie Finch. I really admire her work ethic and how she plays the game. She has achieved great things in the sport of softball.

No comments:

Post a Comment