Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Time Out with Bruce Crowder II (American Canyon High 2016 senior)

Vince D’Adamo: What have you enjoyed most about competing in athletics throughout your life?
Bruce Crowder: Athletics have always been apart of me. I've always been an extreme competitor, and it’s not a trait I will ever lose. The thing I love the most about sports is just how fun it is. When I'm in the game, it’s like I'm in a whole different world, and it’s my escape from everything.
D’Adamo: What are your plans after high school?
Crowder: Hopefully, I can get a sports scholarship to my dream school (Sac State) and play football there. I really wanted to stay local to be close to my family, and also be close to my girlfriend who goes to chico state.
D’Adamo: What might you choose as a major? What intrigues you about going that direction?
Crowder: I want to pursue becoming a Paramedic Fireman. I know that Sac State has an amazing paramedic program hopefully I can get into the school so I can further pursue my dream job. I've always been fascinated by the medical field and helping people and with my mom being an RN I've been around the medical field all my life. I couldn’t see myself confined to a single building, and being a true athlete at heart I crave a team, and a close family bond, so being a paramedic fireman is just the perfect endeavor for me.
D’Adamo: What has been your favorite class here at American Canyon High?
Crowder: My favorite class would have to be Anatomy. I love learning about the human body, and what makes it tick. Learning all of the medical and anatomical terms are always so much fun to learn about, because i can have conversation with my mom, or just say the simple things about the human body in a very complicated way.
D’Adamo: Within your family who have been the most influential people?
Crowder: With sports it’s always been my dad and sister. My dad has always been Superman to me. In any circumstance he has been in he has always been Superman to me, and I have always strived to be his legacy. Now my sister, she is an amazing athlete. One of the best I've ever seen. It has always been "Oh! You're Taylor’s little brother." So I have always been my sister’s little shadow. Being put in the situation it was only right to soon break away from being a shadow and make my own name. Now my mom, she has always been my best friend, my anchor, and yes, I am a bonified mommas boy. My mom has taught me so much about myself and who I want to be.
D’Adamo: Name a historical figure, dead or alive, in or out of sports, that you would most like to meet.
Crowder: I would really like to meet Emmett Smith, he has always been a football legend to me, and someone who is all around a cool person, and one more person I would like to meet Harry Houdini I love magic.

No comments:

Post a Comment